69 Ways to Tell You Are from New Jersey
69) You went to Seaside after your Senior Prom.
68) You watched "Mallrats" and said, "I've been to that mall!"
67) At least half of the people you went to high school with went to Rutgers .
66) You know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.
65) You know where every "clip" shown in the Sopranos opening credits is.
64) You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
63) You know that the only people who call it "Joisey" are from New York (usually The Bronx ) or Texas .
62) You've planned a local trip around passing at least one Dunkin Donuts.
61) You do not think of citrus when people mention the " Oranges ."
60) You know that it's called "Great Adventure", not "Six Flags."
59) You actually know bakeries that are not part of a supermarket, but are individual stores.
58) You've ordered a "hard roll with butter" for breakfast.
57) You've eaten at that diner at 3 am at least a dozen times.
56) At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen, and you know what town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
55) You know that people from 609 area code are "a little different."
54) You always use at least 10 variation of "damn" while driving.
53) You don't have to go to Red Lobster to get fresh seafood.
52) You once said "It smells like New York in here."
51) You can go bowling at 1:30 am (w/ automatic scoring).
50) In high school, you knew someone who worked at a Friendly's or Stewart's.
49) The Garden State Parkway does not freak you out at night.
48) You know what a "jug handle" is.
47) You have mandatory recycling - enforced by law.
46) You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
45) You go to the boardwalk at least once a year.
44) You've pondered..."Maybe basketball would be more popular in NJ if the Nets weren't here."
43) You say the words "water", "coffee", "dog" and "whatever", like this "wadder", "cawfee", "dowg" and "wadever" (if you live down south NJ).
42) Even your high school cafeteria made good subs.
41) You've lived through hurricanes, nor'easters and brushfires, but you have never seen a tornado, earthquake, tsunami or volcano.
40) You can't believe that MTV went to Seaside Heights .
39) You know that ACME is an actual store, not just a Warner Bros. creation.
38) You only go to NYC for day trips and you call it ?the city?.
37) You've run out of money on the Parkway, but now love using EZ-Pass.
36) You're Italian.
35) You know where to get a great bagel.
34) You think Perkins is terrible and should have never opened any restaurants here.
33) You have had sex on the beach (not the drink).
32) You have a favorite Atlantic City casino.
31) The Jet/Giants game has started fights at your local bar.
30) Your car is covered with yellow-green dust in April and May.
29) You can't understand why there aren't any 24 hour diners in the rest of the country.
28) You live within 25 minutes of at least 3 different malls.
27) You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton - that's for out-of-staters.
26) You can see the NYC skyline from some part of your town.
25) You don't think the "What exit" (do you live near?) joke is very funny.
24) You've seen or been in a fight over the Rangers and Devils.
23) You have, or know someone who has, Mafia connections.
22) You're related to someone who think the NY Jets and NY Giants should be the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants. Plus you can't stand when people say the Meadowland are in New York. (DMB t-shirts!)
21) You have at least one friend who drives a truck.
20) You've been camping.
19) You've been in a city or town where Spanish is spoken more than English.
18) You can't remember when Clifton didn't win a softball championship.
17) You know where to gets drugs in Trenton , Paterson , Newark or New York .
16) You've been to a party in the woods.
15) You've purchased fireworks in Chinatown .
14) You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't require "New" to identify it (like, try ...Mexico, ...York, ...Hampshire (doesn't work, does it?).
13) You liked the Jets, even before Bill Parcells.
12) You know where to get a fresh Taylor ham, egg and cheese at 2 am .
11) You don't take no crap from no one.
10) You remember Action Park and may have been seriously injured there.
9) At sometime you got on the wrong highway while trying to leave Willowbrook Mall.
8) You know that there are no "beaches" in new Jersey - there's "The Shore," and you know that the road to the shore is "The Parkway" not "The Garden State Highway."
7) Anything less than 3 inches of snow isn't worth your time.
6) Someone on the road cut you off and you used at least four swear words to tell them what you thought.
5) You think people from South Jersey talk funny.
4) You know that a WaWa is a convenience store.
3) You know that you are paying hell of a lot in car insurance!
2) You know that the real first "strip shopping center" in the country is Route 22.
1.75) If you live in Bergen County, you are totally surprised when you see stores (other that gas and supermarkets) open on Sundays!
1.5) You know that the Statue of Liberty IS IN New Jersey and not New York!
1.25) You know out-of-staters call NJ the "arm pit" of America and you make an even better joke about their state!
1) You've never pumped your own gas
(Half of these are actully very true) thought i would show them seeing yeah im still up grr i need to learn how to sleep at nite so yeah laura i'll be at the high school then see yeah in 4th lunch ;-)